I am Jewish, if you did not already know. And even I am bothered by the remarks POLITICO reports Barack Obama made today, "Jewish Americans have always stood up for freedom and democracy around the world, and that includes our unshakable support and commitment to the security of the state of Israel."
Our standing up includes "our unshakable support"?
Is the president claiming to be Jewish now?
That wording bothered me but even more than that was the "unshakable support and commitment to the security of the state of Israel."

I think that is a goal for Israel but I do not see it as one for the United States.
It bothers me that the President of the United States is yammering on so about the importance of ensuring the security of another country.
And it is not as though he does not have enough to work on here at home, right?
The economy is in the tank, unemployment numbers remain high and unnacceptable, he is overseeing multiple wars, and he thinks he has time to fret over Israel?
As I said, the remarks just did not sit right with me.