Women and men who cook will get that. Others will not. Just boiling water on a hot day can turn the kitchen into an inferno.
Tuesday night, hundreds of Iraqis in Sadr City were sickened when, CNN reports, "a cloud of chlorine gas . . . leaked from a water treatment plant over Sadr City". Aswat al-Iraq reports that loudspeakers were used to advise people to stay in their homes. And Ahmed Sami Fattah (AFP) speaks to Dr. Ali Bustan al-Fartousi who explains that 700 people were sickened but, fortunately, no one died.
This is C.I.'s "Iraq snapshot" for today: